Verse a Day

Friday, February 13, 2009

But Ye Shall Receive Power!

Acts 1:8 ( KJV )
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Some other scripture to read to go with the Holy Ghost and power: Luke 24:49; Luke 4:18; ICor. 4:20; Zach. 4:6; Ephesians 5:18; ICor. 12; Romans 12; and John 14:12 just to name a few.
2 aspects of power are: 1. authority and 2. dunamis or explosive or miracle working power
G1849: ἐξουσία exousia ex-oo-see'-ah From G1832 (in the sense of ability); privilege, that is, (subjectively) force, capacity, competency, freedom, or (objectively) mastery (concretely magistrate, superhuman, potentate, token of control), delegated influence:—authority, jurisdiction, liberty, power, right, strength.
G1411: δύναμις dunamis doo'-nam-is From G1410; force (literally or figuratively); specifically miraculous power (usually by implication a miracle itself):—ability, abundance, meaning, might (-ily, -y, -y deed), (worker of) miracle (-s), power, strength, violence, mighty (wonderful) work.

The power we are speaking of is “dunamis” or miracle power. It is power that dwells within the Christian believer. It is the power to fully be a witness unto the Lord Jesus Christ. It is the same power that was there with the Spirit that brooded over the first formations of the earth and the sea and all that is in them in the book of Genesis, creative power.

Let’s look at 5 aspects, at a time, of what is received when I receive power after the Holy Ghost has come upon me.
I. I receive transforming power that works within me to produce the fruit of the Spirit in me .
II. I receive power that touches the spoken Word of God and causes it to become life giving with quickening power and not a dead letter.
III. I receive the power of the gifts of the Holy Ghost that cause me to be able to be used of God in the gifts that represent Jesus’ power released through me for ministry, exalting Jesus.
IV. John 7:38 shows that the power received causes rivers of living water to flow from our inner-most being
V. The power received is the indwelling of the Spirit of God within us to release us in the supernatural Spirit of God. It is no longer I that live but Christ that lives in me.



I will list several more aspects of the power we receive after the Holy Ghost comes upon us in the next issue of my blogsite.

blessings on Ya!
Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment