Verse a Day

Monday, July 19, 2010

Understanding Authority

Matthew 8:5-13(KJV)
5And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,6And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. 7And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. 8The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. 9For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. 10When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. 11And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. 12But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 13And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.

Over the course of the next few days I want to give six things that will cause our light to shine and God's kingdom to be known.

The first of these six things is Our need to understand authority.
We have a need to understand the structure of the authority of the kingdom and how it works for us as we submit to the correct authority. There is power in authority that is released through our lives as we understand and walk or conduct ourselves according proper understanding.

In the above scripture we see the centurion, who has his own authority structure in who he is and in what he does, submit to the authority of Jesus because he understands His authority and he then receives what he believed Jesus for.


Isaiah 55:11(KJV)
11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

This is the authority that Jesus speaks with...if He says it it has to come to pass. The centurion knew this and by faith spoke his belief to Jesus.

When we know who Jesus is and the (all) authority in heaven and in the earth then we can have what we ask for as well - by faith in His name. We are ambassadors of Christ, heavens representatives on earth.

Blessings on You
Pastor Kitner


The second thing of the six things will be next. So check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment