Verse a Day

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Let's Make a Memory

A Time of Reflection

Communion is a special time to remember what the Lord has done for us by His death. It also brings with it the hope for our future because we are to take communion with remembrance until Jesus come. It could be called a let’s make a memory time for the believer. It is a time of celebration and reflection for us.
I was reflecting on some other things that I really like in life. The things we do that can be called “let’s make a memory” time. Here are some thoughts about these times.
One of the things that I enjoy very much in our life is the fact that we have somewhat of a family get together on Sunday after church almost every Sunday. We have our children, which are around the area, here for a meal and fellowship, along with a few other friends from time to time.
This is an important part of our life because we came from families that did not do this to much. It gives us a great sense of bonding and understanding of love for one another. As a pastor I see that this kind of bonding is missing from so many families. People used to sit down together for a meal at the table. The table was a place for conversation and interaction with the family and others. The communication with each other gave a sense of being important enough to be heard. Many life lessons were shared there and many life lessons were handled there without having to seek outside help.
One of the things that happens when you have this kind of family time is traditions are made for your family. Another is there is always an open door where questions can be asked and answered. Yet another is that the family cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers’ in-law and sisters in-law etc all know each other face to face and can build lasting relationships with each other.
When I (pastor Kitner) was young we all went to my grandpaps cottage and we had a great time. This was good until my grandfather died. Then it all ceased and people went their separate ways. I guess I am trying in my own small way to re-establish this as our family tradition but I want it to continue long after I am gone if the Lord tarries.
Let me know what some of your family times involve that make good memories for you. Give me some comments by clicking on the word comments and filling out a comment box. Thank you.
Blessings on Ya!
Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment