Verse a Day

Friday, February 11, 2011

More traumas that have affected my life.

Some things that were traumas in my life have left their marks on me and in me. They have become a shaping and moulding influence for me in several ways.
Trauma number two in the line of things that have affected my life growing up even until now is also as a young child. We lived in the Homestead area of Pittsburgh at that time. Some neighbor teens were hitting a basketball with a baseball bat and as children do things without thinking of any consequences, I went in to close to the fellow swinging the bat. I was behind him and he was not aware that I had wondered in. Needless to say this is not a good combination and as he swung the bat it connected with the ball and as the bat came around it also connected with my head. It knocked my silly and as I recollect even now everyone there was so concerned with me and wanted to help and/or see if I was OK. People were talking to me, looking into my eyes, putting ice on my head and holding me.
In those days there was no 911 emergency number to call and I never went to the hospital or saw a doctor.
I have a bump on my forhead to this day and I am 66 years old now. It serves to remind me to be cautious and also to walk in obedience. I was 3 or 4 at that time and did not listen to my parents who had told me not to go to close to the kids that were hitting the ball....but...
I guess it can be a reminder to walk in obedience as I follow after the Lord because there are some consequences that will follow if you don't. Obedience is always better than sacrifice in our life.

Be blessed in your day
Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment