Verse a Day

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Worship the Lord Saying

Worship the Lord Saying Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon. And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour. (Matthew 15:21-28 KJV)

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30 KJV)

The heart of God is that all men would come to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is their rest. Sometimes people tell you that you shouldn't bother the Lord with your problems as was the case of the blind man who called out to Jesus. People shushed him and told him not to bother the master. But he like or woman of Canaa persisted. They both got what they wanted. Persistance helps, but I want you to see something else in the above scripture. It says "Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me". Did you catch that? She worshipped Him saying...... The very fact that she was asking showed her faith in the Lord Jesus as her only hope of getting her answer and she would not let it go until she had an answer from the Lord. "Persistance in FAITH", she reverenced the Lord by her very question....Point made.

Be blessed
Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment