Verse a Day

Saturday, April 26, 2008

More on my cancer treatment. Updated again -- Pastor Kitner

Things are moving right along now toward getting rid of the cancer that has invaded my body. Rectal cancer is no fun physically even in the everyday things of life, such as sitting standing, walking around or sleeping.

I have been scanned tatooed or marked for radiation treatment and set up for chemo or pills to work at the same time that the radiation is being done. I had 2 units of blood to bring my red cell count up because I have been bleeding internally for a while. I am scheduled for a PetScan on Wednesday morning at 7:15 AM, where they introduce a radioactive substance into my system and then do a CT Scann again to light me up so they can see if there is any other areas in my body where cancer would be present. After that the chemoradiation treatment begins for approximately 5 days a week for 6 weeks. After the double treatment to shrink the tumor is done then they will remove it and do a resection of the rectum tissue. This is all happening at the Arnold Palmer Cancer center at Mountain View near Greensburg, Pa.

Pray for my doctors. Dr Bahri, Dr Jin Lee and Dr. Armanious.

Also pray that no person touch my body that shouldn't. I don't want just anyone working on me.

Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment