Verse a Day

Monday, January 26, 2009

Speak the Word

Speak the Word
January 26th, 2009
When I find myself engaged in a spiritual battle, there is no more effective weapon in my arsenal than the practice of speaking the Word of God.
I’m not talking about reading the Word, studying the Word, or meditating on the Word. Granted, these are all essential components of developing a vital relationship with Christ.

But when I’m really going through a skirmish, and all hell is breaking lose in my life, I force myself to open up my mouth and verbalize the Word of God out loud.
There’s something about hearing yourself confess God’s Word out loud that breaks the power of the enemy and activates faith at a higher level.

Perhaps the particular denomination you grew up in didn’t emphasize speaking the Word of God. Mine didn’t. Rest assured though, speaking the Word isn’t a denominational thing. It’s a Biblical thing.

God commanded Joshua: “Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth.”

Jesus shut Satan down by speaking God’s Word in Matthew 4.

You can silence the voice of the enemy in your own life by speaking God’s Word with authority and power.

Try this:
Identify a specific area of deficiency or desperation in your life.
Select several specific Scriptures that address your situation.
Then open your mouth and speak God’s Word repeatedly…
until what you say becomes what you see.

His Word will not return void.
by: Steven Furtick

Blessings on ya!
Pastor Kitner (Isaiah 54:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment