Verse a Day

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Take the "LID" off!

A challenge for the New Year as we begin 2009. Take the "LID" off.

What is it that stands in between you and God in getting something done for the kingdom of God?
One Sunday we had a prophetess at the church speaking and she challenged the church to take the lid off at the church.
What hinders us personally to the point that we hinder the church and its overall mission and become the people that say we never did it that way before and go round the same circle that we have always gone in. After all if you always do what you have always done then you will always get what you have always gotten before.
The challenge is to take the “LID” off this year.
Lids are multifunctional. They keep things in and they keep things out of the pot etc. So as individuals and as a church we need to take the lid off. We also need to see what the lids are for us as individuals and as the church. I have a few that I will list here to help us identify the lids of our lives.
1. The lid of Limitation – with God all things are possible.
2. The lid of we can’t & we won’t – choices are up to us.
3. The lid of not changing or status quo – I like it this way.
4. The lid of religious works – legalism or works righteousness & self righteousness.
5. The lid of we never did it that way – unwilling to change – nothing new to be tried.
6. The lid of I like our “little church”.
7. The lid of our own individual comfort zones.
8. The lid of selfishness – I want it my way – I want my kingdom built & my needs met.
9. The lid of doubt and unbelief.
10. The lid of what I can or can’t do – it depends on what I have or don’t have etc.
11. The lid of I believe God can – but never I believe God will.
12. The lid of it’s the pastor’s job that’s what we pay him for. He is not a hireling.
13. The lid of prayerlessness – I don’t have time to pray.
14. The lid of unwillingness to be involved.
These are a few lids that I have identified that will hinder the work of the church and the life of individuals. So what happens when you take the lid off?
When the lid comes off several things are evident.
When the lid comes off there is:
1. Access to something more being put in.
2. Access to what’s inside and something being taken out.
3. There is an openness or even an emptiness.
4. The limitation of the lid is gone.
5. The aroma of what is inside fills the place. – a sweet smelling savor or a stench?
6. When the lid comes off then God can fill us as individuals or the church with Himself.

Take the challenge in the beginning of this New Year and see what God will do for and through you.

Blessings on Ya!
Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment