Verse a Day

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

No Weapon That is Formed Against You Shall Prosper!

No Weapon That is Formed Against You Shall Prosper!
By Pastor Charles Kitner

During my bout with cancer and heart repair surgery this is the scripture that God gave me to assure and sustain me.

Isaiah 54:14-17 is the base scripture along with Romans8:28-30 for this message.
Isaiah 54:17 (KJV) 17No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

To prosper is to be fruitful, successful, to do well, that is to accomplish what was meant to be accomplished by the thing formed. The servant of the Lord however has a heritage in the Lord and this heritage says that NO WEAPON THAT IS FORMED AGAINST the servant of the Lord shall prosper. The weapon that is formed against the servant of the Lord might as well be formed against the Lord Himself. Thus the weapon can not be successful that is formed against a servant of the Lord. I am a servant of the Lord and I come to declare my heritage together with you today.
Every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment, as a servant of the Lord, your heritage is to condemn it.
The truth of this Word cannot be overcome and certainly neither can the Lord. His Word is Truth and it shall stand sure.

A Look at Weapons:

1. The weapon of words – this weapon can’t prosper because of our heritage. As a servant of the Lord, He speaks on our behalf and He ever lives to make intercession for us. Therefore the weapon of words cannot prevail against us. As a servant of the Lord the Word of God that is truth and forever settled in heaven is what we allow to affect our lives in the guidance and direction that we need to hear and that Word is powerful. We are what God says we are and we have what God says we have. It is what Jesus Christ has done that makes us to be come the righteousness of God in Christ. We will be able to speak against those that speak against us and against the declarations made that are contrary to the Word that God has given. We have Christ in us, which is our hope of glory.


2. The weapon on sin- this weapon can’t prosper for the book of Romans says that as a servant of God sin will not have dominion over because we are free to serve righteousness. This is because of His work in me cleansing me and renewing me. When Jesus Christ died I died! When He was buried I was buried! When He rose from the dead I rose to newness of life also and I have His power coursing through my very being to walk in that newness of life. I have an advocate is I do sin, who is the Lord Jesus Christ who ever lives to make intercession for me with the Father. He is faithful and just to forgive me my sin as I confess it and cleanse me by His own blood, that was sacrificed at the cross, of all unrightesness.


3. The weapon of sickness- this weapon can’t prosper. Sickness and disease are something that have entered into this world because of sin and is a part of the curse. I am no longer under the curse of the Law but I am under grace and the Spirit of the law of love in Christ Jesus. The bread of the children of God is healing of the body, mind, spirit and soul. God’s glory will be seen in me and sickness and disease can’t prosper or be successful against me. By the stripes of Jesus I was healed.


4. The weapon of satan- this one is a spiritual being that is a liar, a murderer and a thief. (John 10:10) Satan comes to kill, steal and destroy but Jesus has come that I might have life and that in abundance. The Word of God says that if I submit myself to God and resist the devil, he will flee from me. Nothing that satan forms against me can prosper.. Jesus has been given all power in Heaven and in the earth and even under the earth. It is written…puts him down every time.
2 Corinthians 10:2 - 5 (KJV) 2But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh. 3For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;



5. The weapon of people’s plots and plans -These weapons cannot proper. If we look at the book of Nehemiah we can see that God takes our part, as we serve Him, against those that rise up with their plots and plans that go contrary to the Word of God for us. God has a plan for good and not for evil and works on our behalf. We have to stand fast in the Lord and in the power of His might. We must put on the whole armor of God and keep working for God without stopping it for lies and schemes of those whom the devil is using against you. The Sanballats and Tobias of this world will never be successful against the anointed servants of God when they are committed to what God has put in their hearts.

Romans 8:28 is being worked in our lives as we serve God. We walk in the power of His might continuously being filled with the Holy Spirit singing and making melody in our hearts to the Lord, singing Psalm and hymns and spiritual songs. It is God that works in us to do of His good pleasure and He will complete His work in us, for us and through us.
Our heritage is to be able to condemn every voice that speaks against us as we obey God. Every Knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

We will come forth as gold tried in the fire. Purified by the refiners fire

No comments:

Post a Comment