Verse a Day

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The "I Ams" of Jesus Christ

The I Am statements of Christ are worthy of study as to who Jesus really is and His place in our lives.

It is in the Gospel of John,that the most beautiful and personally meaningful "I am's are found. There are seven of these, as follows:

"I am the bread of life" (John 6:35,48,51).
"I am the light of the world" (John 8:12).

"I am the door of the sheep"(John 10:7,9).

"I am the good shepherd" (John 10:11,14).

"I am the resurrection, and the life" (John 11:25).

"I am the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6).

"I am the true vine" (John 15:1,5).


There are also seven great "I am" statements in the Book of Revelation, and one of the key verses of this set has to do with His resurrection. "I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death" (Revelation 1:18).

It is significant that the other six "I am"s in Revelation also stress His eternal existence, from eternity to eternity. Note the list below:

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending" (Revelation 1:8).

"I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last" (Revelation 1:11).

"Fear not; I am the first and the last" (Revelation 1:17).

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end" (Revelation 21:6).

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Revelation 22:13).

"I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star"(Revelation 22:16).


Blessings on Ya!
Pastor Kitner

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! A needed reminder in these last days!

    ReplyDelete