Verse a Day

Monday, October 26, 2009

Today is the Day

Today is the Day

The time we have on this earth for the most part is an undetermined thing for us. God knows how long we have but we take each day as a new day and should be thankful for it and in it. I was reminded of this in such an in your face way this weekend when my next door neighbor just collasped and died. He was visiting with his father, who needs constant care, not doing anything strenuous and his aorta detached and he died instantly.
That is why today is the day of salvation and not tomorrow when "I get around to it". Jesus Christ died on a cross for our sins. He who knew no sin became sin for us so we could become the righteous of God in Christ.

Romans 10:8 - 13 (NIV) 8But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: 9That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11As the Scripture says, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame.”£ 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Call on the Lord today while you have today and ask him to be your saviour...you will never regret it.

Jeremiah 29:11 - 14 (NIV) 11For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

Don't put off calling upon the Lord - JUST DO IT!

Blessings On Ya!
Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment