Verse a Day

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Grace to You!

Ephesians 1:2 grace to you and peace from God the Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Grace is something to be received and walked in. This greeting by Paul is not just a trite greeting form a casual friend with no meaning. When people read over it this greeting is not thought about much because it is a familiar portion of scripture. When Paul says Grace to you, he speaks from the perspective of one who knows about the grace of God in depth and knows the power of it in his life. That's right I said grace is power and more power than we can imagine.
G R A C E = God's Riches At Christ's Expense. Jesus came full of grace and truth to this lost and dying people who didn't deserve anything from God - sinners separated from God - but God extended His hand of Grace and Mercy to us through Jesus Christ His only begotten Son.
Grace is truly unmerited favor but it is so much more. Grace is the power of God and His abilities released into the weakness and inability of our lives to do what we can not do!
So in the personal greeting that Paul used he was saying may the power of God be released to you. We should also greet others with this kind of greeting - grace and peace to you from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. What we treat as a trite greeting can be a powerful release of the blessing of God into another's life if they will receive it.

2 Corinthians 12:9 - 10 (NIV) 9But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Grace and Peace unto each of you who read this, receive the fullest sense of God's power released into your lives now in Jesus name!

Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment