Verse a Day

Monday, June 3, 2013

Cancer can't stop God's goodness!

I have stage 4 cancer in my lungs from colorectal cancer metastasizing after 3 years. Some people see this as a negative and don't understand how much of a plus it is. I am still very blessed of The Lord. God is GOOD all the time no matter what goes on around us. I have had opportunities to talk to people about The Lord even in the cancer treatment center. I have lead several people to The Lord there. I also developed a friend there that I go to breakfast with every once in a while when we are both up to it. Our family has gotten closer in it all and I have gotten to spend more quality time with them which thrills my very soul. I love them very much. Our grandsons come over to visit and one of them is redoing our bathroom for us. He works in building and construction.

I have God's perfect peace and have no fear whatsoever in all because The Lord sent a Word to me through a godly person used of God in the prophetic, before I knew that I needed it. That Word was from Isaiah 54:17. NO weapon FORMED against you shall prosper, with the key emphasis being on the word FORMED.  This word was given several weeks before I had my colonoscopy done. It was at that time I found out that I had cancer of the rectum. I instantly had God's peace and have had it ever since.

I pastor a church and I have tried with God's help to be a living example for the people as to the grace of God being sufficient for us. In my weakness His strength has been shown in my life. Grace IS God's power accomplishing in and through you what you could not do. I am a walking testimony of that. I want nothing less than God to be glorified in my life.

I guess what I am trying to say here is for one going through trials and tribulations in this life to look at all things through the eyes of The Lord concerning your life. He has a plan and destiny for us all and as Christians He is in control of our entire life as we serve Him. Nothing takes Him by surprise, ever, and Jesus is in our boat...to go to the other side.. He speaks peace be still to life's storms.

Blessings and encouragement to you from
Pastor Kitner

2 comments:

  1. He totally put his faith and trust in the Lord. It was like nothing scared him, such encouragement and strength. I actually envy his trust, that couldn't have been easy. But then again, with God, everything is easy if we believe and keep our faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rev Kitner is a very special person. He has touched a lot of people. He will be missed.

    ReplyDelete