Verse a Day

Thursday, June 13, 2013

I Can Do All Things


I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. (Psalms 139:14 NASB)
I have been dealing with several physical ailments in my body for quite some time now. I have type II diabetes, I had a quad by pass surgery for my heart, and I have been dealing with colo/rectal cancer, that has matastacized into my lungs, since 2008. The operation for the colo/rectal cancer left me with a bag on my side, no galbladder, or appendix and a somewhat deformed bellybutton. So one could possibly say that I have been through the perverbial mill in the last 5 years of my life. However in all of what has transpired I have found that the grace of God that was sufficient for the Apostle Paul is also sufficient for me.
I am a pastor and I have only missed six days preaching as a direct cause of all the surgeries and treatments that I have endured. Even when I feel so weak from the chemo treatments, when I step into the pulpit I can preach for as long as is necessary because God by His grace strengthens me, but when I am done preaching I have to go sit down. God does uphold us with His strong right hand.
The endurance that God causes us to have is amazing to me and I have found the body to be able to endure far more than I ever imagined possible before I entered in to the journey of life that I am now on. Though the path is sometimes hard to walk down I have found that I can do all things through Him that strengthens me.
Be encouraged today
Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment