Verse a Day

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Here is a Litany of FORGIVENESS:

Forgive me Lord!
Here is a Litany of FORGIVENESS:
This was done at the church that we had the last Lenten luncheon service at yesterday. It is worth considering and doing when and where appropriate in your life.

For each statement the answer back is FORGIVE ME LORD.

For the times I lacked compassion and concern for others, -- FML
For not sharing my resources of time, talent, and treasure, -- FML
For holding grudges and refusing to have a forgiving heart, -- FML
For the times I have criticized and gossiped, -- FML
For not reaching out to comfort and console others, -- FML
For not caring for myself physically, emotionally, and spiritually, -- FML
For the ways I misuse nature and damage the environment, -- FML
For those times when I talked more than I listened, -- FML
For my predjudices, biases, and deliberate acts of discrimination, -- FML
For being greedy, -- FML
For the misuse and abuse of the wonderful gift of spirituality, -- FML
For failing to see your face in the homeless and helpless, -- FML
For believing that I could save myself, -- FML
For not living fully for you, -- FML
For doubting that you love me with an everlasting love, -- FML

You may want to place a few more in this line up depending on your thoughts and deeds.

May God bless you richly,
Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment