Verse a Day

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I Have Finished My Course

I Have Finished My Course

2 Timothy 4:6-8(KJV)
6For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
In order to say that in our lives, several things have to happen.

1. You need to know what the course of your life is – purpose.
2. You need to know how to fight the good fight – warfare.
3. You need to keep the faith – know in whom you have believed.
4. You need to be steadfast – focused

So many people go through life with no goal or target to aim at. Bouncing around in the sea of life like a tiny bobber at the mercy of the currents. They are just tossed to and fro by the waves of life at will.
To finish our course with the idea of being successful in our life we must find our purpose, and know who we are to the degree that it becomes the driving force of our life and faith. This necessitates the giving ourselves to it to the fullest being steadfast, unwavering in our faithfulness to the calling and purpose of God for our life.

Be blessed
Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment