Verse a Day

Friday, March 21, 2008

An Early Easter Present

Jesus Christ has risen and He is Lord!
God has blessed me in this day for sure.
As I came into my church office today, after Getting some blood work done, I had a young man come in with questions. He was wanting to know how to pick a right denomination etc. Well we talked for some time and I got to explain the plan of God for salvation and what Easter is all about. He had been in a relationship with a girl that was pentecostal and she had told him about Jesus and the things of the Holy Spirit. He is from Catholic background so he was confused about some things. I shared the scriptures with him and as we talked you could tell that he really wanted to have a relationship with God. So I explained how that would take place if he believed in his heart and would come to God in humbleness of heart to receive the eternal life that Jesus brings to him. We prayed and I gave him a Bible and some instruction on reading God's Word. He is on his way home to his parents house, which is about 4 hours away from us here. He goes to a school called Wyotech and will be back in 2 weeks and has told me he would come out to church here then. He has a peace about him now that he didn't have when he first came in to talk with me.
I was blessed to be able to lead that young man into a begining relationship with Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour. Easter truly has arrived early for him and for me also as I celebrate together with him for his new life in Christ.

Thank you Jesus!!!

Be blessed!
Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment