Verse a Day

Monday, August 18, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

Sunday August 17, 2008. I preached my first sermon in the church since my heart by-pass operation just 2 1/2 weeks ago on July 31. I sat to preach in a special raised chair. I figured that if Jesus sat to teach or preach, then I could do it also. I felt pretty good, being back in the place where I have been since September 27, 1987. That's right, almost 21 full years in the same place. God has taught me a lot over the years and has used everything I have ever gone through to benefit someone in their lives. I missed the people and the special presence of God that is found within the corporate body as it is gathered together in one place to worship and exalt the Lord.
I preached on traits of a Christian leader. I came at it in this way: Every Christian is found to be in a place of leadership in some way. Everyone is a minister of some sort in the body as every joint supplies something that is needed in the one body of Christ. I know that there are some leaders that are placed within the body for the building up of the same for the works of ministry but everyone has some function within the body and all are lights in this world or should be.
Church needs to be done so the body functions and not just the talking heads. Action is the call of the day not passive pew warming.

Well blessings on Ya!
Pastor Kitner

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord! He is faithful! It's so good to hear about your progress, Bro. Chuck! Let's keep believing, for "Nothing shall be impossible for him who believes." Love and blessings to you!

    Chuck King

    ReplyDelete