Verse a Day

Thursday, August 7, 2008

GOD, Keep Me Teachable!

2 Timothy 2:1 - 7 (KJV) 1Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. 3Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 4No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. 5And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully. 6The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits. 7Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

In order for a man to be used of God he must be taught the correct things by men who have gone through the process together with men and the Holy Spirit.
If a man will not allow truth to come to him through anointed teaching, doctrinal correctness and the witness of the Holy Spirit by the Word of God, he cannot be used of God in a powerful and meaningful way.
I would suggest that Christians everywhere pray a prayer something like this:
Father I humble myself before you and want my spirit to always be teachable in the ways of God, the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and TRUTH by the Holy Spirit, so that I can be used by you to teach others the ways of the kingdom of God.
In Jesus Name!

Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment