Verse a Day

Friday, August 15, 2008

Napoleon Bonaparte Quote

"I know men, and I tell you that Jesus is not a man. The religion of
Christ is a mystery which subsists by its own force, and proceeds
from a mind which is not a human mind. We find in it a marked
individuality, which originated a train of words and actions unknown
before. Jesus is not a philosopher, for His proofs are miracles, and
from the first His disciples adored Him. Alexander, Caesar,
Charlemagne and myself founded empires; but on what foundation
did we rest the creatures of our genius? Upon force. But Jesus
Christ founded an empire upon love; and at this hour millions of
men would die for Him. I die before my time, and my body will be
given back to the earth to become food for worms. Such is the fate
of him who has been called the great Napoleon. What an abyss
between my deep misery and the eternal kingdom of Christ, which
is proclaimed, loved, adored, and is still existing over the whole
earth!" Then, turning to Gen. Bertrand, the emperor added: "If you
do not perceive that Jesus Christ is God, I did wrong in appointing
you a general." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Blessings
Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment