Verse a Day

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Prodigal Life - Part 3

The Prodigal Life – Part 3
Luke 15:17-24(KJV)
17And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father’s have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
20And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
21And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
22But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
23And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
24For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

I looked into the downward journey of those who would run from the Father’s House in two previous blogs. Today I want to look at the beginning of the journey back to the Father’s House. That starts with REALIZATION!
The journey back begins in verse 17 with the words “and when he came to himself”. The dire circumstances of life are not all bad, if they cause one to reflect on the reality of life and come out of the fantasy that was created in the mind, seeing where they had been and where they are now, and to come to a place of humility leaving pride behind.
Once that has happened the next step back is RESOLUTION! This is seen in verse 18. “I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him….” The process takes thinking it through and follow through as an act of ones will. That is to say, my mind’s made up and there is no turning back. No more, I’ll do it my way but saying “I blew it – I was wrong”.
These are the first steps back to the Father’s House. I will deal with the next 5 steps over the next few days. Check back.

Be blessed
Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment