Verse a Day

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Prodigal Life – Part 6

The Prodigal Life – Part 6

Luke 15:17-24(KJV)
17And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father’s have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
20And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
21And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
22But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
23And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
24For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

The next stages of the return of a prodigal/backslider are found in verses 22-24 of the above scripture.
After the initial stages of reconciliation comes the best of the upward climb back home for the prodigal. The final stages of the process of reconciliation has to do with the RECLOTHING AND REJOICING. The son who just knew he wasn’t worthy to be called a son anymore is experiencing the fullest measure of grace and of mercy as dad has placed on him the best robe, one I call the robe of righteousness and he has a ring placed on his hand. Restored to the family with the ring of what I call the ring of reconciliation. Shoes were placed on his feet and the fatted calf was killed for the party in the sons honor. A party and merriment in place of gloom and pending doom for the prodigal. The Father is glad the son is accepted and restored. It reminds me of when a sinner gets saved all the angels of heaven rejoice.. a son has come home….to a welcome mat and to a Father’s glad heart.

Be blessed
Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment