Verse a Day

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Prodigal Life – Part 5

The Prodigal Life – Part 5

Luke 15:17-24(KJV)
17And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father’s have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
20And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
21And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
22But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
23And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
24For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

The next stages of the return of a prodigal/backslider are found in verse 20 of the above scripture. RECONCILIATION It is in this stage of comeback that we see the heart of the Father. The son had made his steps and his journey to fulfill his plans to return to the Father's house. He came to his father. I can feel his heart beating with anxiousness as he approaches and now we see the father running out to meet him while he was a great distance off yet. The father has been awaiting this day with a different attitude that that of the son. He was not thinking of revenge, giving a long negative speech of how he had sinned etc. But his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. (much) You see the heart of the Father is about reconciliation The first thing the son experiences is the Father's love. In fact the Father gives to us that ministry of reconciliation as well..2 Cor.5:17-21
It would be like saying I missed ya and have been waiting for you. Come with me I have something for you..
the rest is next...stop back.

Be blessed
Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment