Verse a Day

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What's Your Goal?

His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. (Matthew 25:23 KJV)

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:12 KJV)

People wander around aimlessly with no real purpose, They are wondering who am I and what am I here for?

I started a series in the church I pastor, inspired by the book "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. I have observed that much of the church is in the same place that the unbeliever is in because they don't have a grasp on their purpose in this life. Paul puts it into perspective when he says: I must apprehend that for which I also have been apprehended. Many people never get there.
Your job may or may not be part of your purpose. A job is a provision as a means to an end at times. It provides you with money to carry out your purpose. For example Paul was a tent maker.

I want to ask you today the same question that my father-in-law always asked me, and it used to drive me up a tree so to speak. He used to ask me "What's your goal boy, what's your goal?" Well what's your goal? What is that thing that drives all that you do? To what end are your striving for? In other words, what is your purpose in this life?

My purpose is doing what Paul said in apprehending that for which I have also been apprehended and to hear those words of Jesus when I stand before Him. "Well done my good and faithful servant". Everything in my life hinges on these two factors.

In order for one to get to that point they must build their relationship with the Lord of their life and come to the place where they obey Him and fulfill their purpose no matter where they are. God has saved us unto good works that are ordained by Him.

What's your goal, purpose, and/or calling? Do you know?

Blessings on Ya!
Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment