Verse a Day

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Wist ye not that I must be about my Father's Business?

Wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

Luke 2:49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?
We like Jesus must be about our Father's business in this darkened world bring light to it any way that it is possible. A pastor that I know was telling God of his parking problem and how he just didn't have the land to make it bigger and the person, who had unused land next to them, wouldn't sell it. He was telling God that he had a problem, that he wanted God to solve. He said he was surprised to hear from God that God had a problem. He inquired as to what that might be. God said that there were people that He wanted to reach but there was no one to go to them. After much God said if you help me with my problem I will help you with yours...well long story short -- the pastor did and God did also. What's my point? The point is this: We come to God with the expectations that we have but with no concern for what He wants of us other than what we seemingly focus on in "our imediate ministry". God is trying to get the attention of the church and bring the focus back to the Father's business.
Isa 1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:Isa 1:20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Here is the Father's Business in a nutshell.Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
When this becomes the priority of the church then there will come the fresh wind of the Holy Spirit to set a blazing fire on the earth for God.
As far as God is concerned, there are only believers, not denominations, there is only one true church and that is the one that Jesus Christ himself is building. Church as we know it today is a stentch in the nostrils of God.
Psa 133:1 A Song of degrees of David. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!Psa 133:2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;Psa 133:3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.Psa 134:1 A Song of degrees. Behold, bless ye the LORD, all ye servants of the LORD, which by night stand in the house of the LORD.

Blessings on Ya!
Pastor Kitner
Just a thought for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment