Verse a Day

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Middle East Update click here for full article.


Middle East Update – January 2008
by Lance Lambert
Jerusalem, Israel


This is Lance Lambert speaking and this is my Middle East Update for January 2008. Once again I had a very difficult and complex task to make this tape. I would like to read some Scriptures. First of all:

Psalm 60: “Oh God thou hast cast us off, thou hast broken us down. Thou hast been angry, Oh restore us again. Thou hast made the Land to tremble. Thou hast rent it. Heal the breaches thereof for it shaketh. Thou hast shown Thy people hard things. Thou hast made us to drink the wine of staggering. Thou hast given a banner to them that fear thee that it may be displayed because of the truth. The day the beloved may be delivered, save with thy right hand and answer us. God hast spoken in His Holiness. I will exalt, I will divide Shechem and mete out the valley of Succot. Gilead is mine and Manasseh is mine. Ephraim also is the defense of my hand. Judah is my scepter. Moab is my wash pot. Upon Edom will I cast my shoe. Philistia shout thou because of Me. Who will bring me into the strong city. Who hast led me unto Edom? Hast not thou O God cast us off and thou goest not forth O God with our hosts. Give us help against the adversary for vain is the help of man. Through God we shall do valiantly for it is He that will tread down our adversaries.”

It is a wonderful Psalm especially “thou hast given a banner that fear thee that it may be displayed because of the truth.” And all these names here cover the whole area of the Promised Land. Especially Ephraim which is Samaria and Judah which is of course, Judea. I think it is a great Psalm at the time of crisis. It was written probably at a point when things did not look good for the people of God. Then I want to read a part of another Psalm.

Psalm 110:1 “The Lord saith unto My Lord, sit thou at My right hand until I make thine enemies thy footstool. The Lord will send forth the rod of thy strength out of Zion. Rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.”

No comments:

Post a Comment