Verse a Day

Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11 A Special Day

If we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny himself - 2 Timothy 2:13

9/11 was a terrible day for this nation and also the world was affected as well. As a pastor I opened up the church to our community to come and pray and held special services to help people deal with the travisty of 9/11 and point them to Jesus Christ in the process. What bothers me the most now is this: I saw the people come into the churches temporially for several weeks only.

They went back to spiritual apathy as soon a the government brought their solutions to the forefront. As if the government is the answer to the problem. Has a strong delusional spirit been allowed to cloud/or blind the minds of the people in this country? The problem is not the events of 9/11 but the condition of the hearts of all men. Jesus Christ is the... only solution... for what ails all of mankind. People need to do Hebrews 10:25 today more than ever. The churches should be full every Sunday. In some other countries they have church services every day and we think that is revival in this country.

The affect that 9/11 has on me is that as a pastor I have been more aware that we as the church, God's people, those who name the name of Jesus as Lord need to be about our Fathers business! The harvest is truly plenteous but the laborers are few..pray... the Lord of the HARVEST to send laborers into the harvest. Pray that He would send you!


2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV) 14If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.



Blessings on Ya!
Pastor Kitner

No comments:

Post a Comment