Verse a Day

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Special weekend for Me

This weekend will be my 22 year anniversary at the church I have been the pastor of since 1987. My birthday is officially on Saturday and I have reached 65 and Sunday =22 yrs exactly.

When I came here we moved on my birthday and my first sermons as pastor here were on Sunday September 27. I have learned a lot here, both about myself and about people. God has also taught me a lot about Himself as I have been here. I have been through times of great happiness and joy and of great sadness and sorrow as well. At times I wanted to leave here in the worst way. God has never opened another door for me to leave but chose to bless me here.

The Lord is good all the time.

Trust God!

Be blessed!
Pastor Kitner

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations....I know this church holds a very special place in your heart Uncle Smitty. May you be blessed as you remember God's goodness and love this weekend. Happy birthday!! Love you much. -April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete