Verse a Day

Monday, September 7, 2009

Set Apart For God by God

From my early childhood I have never felt like I fit in anywhere in this world. I have always felt that I was an outsider. Even in the body of Christ I feel that I am set apart to God for God and His purposes. I have been frustrated at times because I march to the tune of a different drummer and I was always striving to be accepted by others and tried to fit their mold and live up to their expectations of me. Until one day I understood that God has given me Jesus to be my all in all and that it is that relationship, eternal in it's nature, that needs to be developed and cultivated. At this point in my life I care very little about the judgements of people on my life and my personality. I am set apart for God by God and my desire is greater and greater growth in that relationship.

God has called me and continues to equip me so that I am able to help to equip others. I have been discipled to disciple others for the kingdom work that must be done.

The Lord has requested that we pray the Lord of the harvest that He send forth laborers into the harvest, which is His. Even pray that He would send us for the harvest IS plenteous but the laborers are few.

Jeremiah 1:4 - 10 (KJV) 4Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 5Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD. 9Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment